Friday, May 1, 2009

Girlfriends

Ok so I recently started this blog...you may or may not know. Having fun and spending too much time on setting it up but still trying to get use to the idea that this is whatever I want it to be. No right, no wrong. So while this may not be blog etiquette, this is what I wanted to say today.

This year has provided for some highs and lows for myself, our family and many friends. So many of us are working through major life changes. In our immediate circle, we have: Lost jobs and income or have a spouse who has. Struggling to support a family on a shrinking or single income. Many who are employed are concerned with downsizing and loss of income. Some are starting a business or trying to grow or keep one afloat. We have health issues or close friends and/or family who are battling serious illness. We have lost dear loved ones and pets. We worry for our children. We struggle with our partners. My own personal journey from last spring to the present was...well you know there aren't words and that is ok. Losing dear Scout, Aunt Liz, a lucrative job, Gram's cancer, losing our home, our beloved Sage and Cash and our possessions. I know of your loves and losses too.

Today, I am extremely grateful. I feel pretty darn good all things considered and I know that life can change on a dime. The list is long for all that I am thankful for. I am surrounded by really good people. Tom, our children, our families, countless friends and neighbors.

Day to day.... the good, the bad, the fun, the heartbreaking; it is my girlfriends (YOU) who without I just wouldn't be me. I might be back "there" still from months ago. THANK YOU for your unwavering love, support and countless acts of kindness. For making sense of me when I could not. Being there regardless of the load you were carrying. Some of us have asked outloud "where would we be if we didn't have us"? We aren't in our 20s. We don't always have the time. Priorities shift and time flies. Please know I Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I am here for you. I know no matter what lies ahead for each of us, we will be ok because there is...US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog