Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Urban Cowgirl Cave

Who ever said a shed can't be Chic just didn't have any imagination. This is our shed off the side of our Clover Cottage. On a rare spring like day over a week ago I was in the shed doing a cleanup. Once inside, I realized it had an amazing view of our property and pond. I started exploring our garage for treasures and the "Love Shack" started coming together. The iron gate was salvaged from the fire. The "wanted" and "yee ha" signs were from Tommy's 40th Bday celebration years ago. It was a cowboy themed 4oth. The settee was donated to us. The chair I've had for a couple of years thinking I would one day reupholster it. The striped skirt is actually a fitted sheet that I picked up on clearance for $4. The solid wood angel wing survived the fire some how! Unreal! I threw an old rug down and flipped it over as a base. The runner I picked up at the Lucketts Spring Fair last summer. The K, S and S iron letters I had had for years but could never find the right I. So I improvised by using a bud vase upside down. We broke the Love Shack in over the weekend with a girl get together and Dixie Chicks blaring in the background. Yee Haw!! Come have a glass of wine with us and watch the geese sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog